Pages

Sunday 13 September 2015

New soap

It's been awhile since my last post. nearly a year. Oh well, I promise to post more often as of now :)

Recently I've been experimenting with some new soap recipes. This is my favourite part of soapmaking. I take my time to think about the oils I want to use. Researching their qualities. Then put my recipe in SoapCalc and play with quantities. I'm still trying to create a palm oil free soap, but till now didn't really have much time to concentrate on it. And finally last month I made a tester batch of soap which i'm really happy about. I've used Cocoa Butter and Hemp seed oil, which add conditioning properties to the soap and Castor oil for a lovely lather. Untill now, I have never used colourants in my soap. But I've decided to give mineral clays a go. So I've added some Yellow clay to this batch, which is great for normal and oily skin.
New Ylang-Ylang & Lavender soap with Hemp seed oil and Yellow clay
I've also tried new blend of essential oils which surprisingly I loved a lot. I have never been a fan of Ylang-Ylang essential oil (too heavy for me). But in combination with my favourite Lavender and refreshing Mandarin, it turned out to be a very nice scent. I'm going to make my full size batch of this new soap this month and see what my customers think. Hopefully they will like it as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment